CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion - Ultra Hydrating


What's on the label - This luxurious lotion is specially formulated to provide everyday intense moisture for dry, sensitive skin. Non-greasy, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist recommended.

As you can see this lotion is intended for someone who has extremely dry and even sensitive skin. I was recommended to Cetaphil after informing a friend that I suffer from Eczema. She also suffers from the skin condition, but hers is more extremely. She told me it was a life saver for her, so I should check it out for the breakout I had on my hand. I purchased it a few days ago, and have to say I am so glad I did!

Two days before I switched to Cetaphil I used a scented Olay lotion and it made my Eczema spot go crazy. It started itching, stinging, and within minutes spread, as a reaction to the scented lotion. To Olay's credit, the lotion I used isn't intended for someone with Eczema, and truthfully, I shouldn't have been using a scented lotion with the breakout. As soon as I put the Cetaphil on the spot it immediately felt hydrated and soothed, something very important for Eczema suffers.

Pros -
Works quickly
Very hydrating
Soothing to dry skin
Stays moisturized for an extended time (not 24 hours though, like the label says)
Great for sensitive skin

Cons -
Greasy, even though the bottle says otherwise
Expensive (around $10 for 16oz bottle)

I would recommend this product to anyone with dry and sensitive skin. If you suffer from Eczema I suggest visiting your doctor, but if you want to try something over-the-counter give this product a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment